View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereks View Post
but correct me if I'm wrong: using command line implies that you'd use extra properties extensively. Login / password are just two of them. Since there is no interface for changing it in the command line, i can't see how it can by applied. It's helpful only if you have a basic recipe, which requires only internal editing of the recipe, like stylesheets, fonts, etc.
When running a recipe inside Calibre, there are only two types of recipes - those that need a user/password and those that don't. You can't pass anything to the recipe other than the user/password combo. His batch file works for those that do not need the user/password.

It's true that you can provide some other parameters to the recipe on the command line, but for general purpose testing, the only two I ever use are the same two he's hard-coded into the batch file "-vv" to get the verbose output and "--test" to limit the number of feeds and articles retrieved from each feed.

Basically, his batch file is identical to the one I use on every recipe I test except that he didn't send error output to a file. I use that same batch file even for recipes that need user/password, but I modify the recipe internally during the testing stage with a hardcoded user/password, then remove it before sending it to Kovid. His batch file essentially replicates the recommendation in the user manual here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ght=recipe#id9
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote