View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #782
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
All right, am not sure what I did wrong here. This is my first time using plugboard and I was trying to set the title using the following template:

{series:.3|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}

I saved it to Kindle2 (as it was labelled) and assigned it to Title.

The issue however came up when I was assigning my collections via librariansync and I got this on my update log:

Title: PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field series||

And now it has messed up my collections on kindle, saying that there duplicate files when there aren't.

EDIT: Also, on my kindle my book that has a series now read Title: PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field series|| . The odd thing is some of the titles with a series reads as it ought to be ie: Series [1] Title of Book but most are showing PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR.

I have tried editing by using other formats like:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title}
{series}{series_index:0>2s| – | – }{title}
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}

And it still gave me the same template error.

Worst, when I removed all the plugboards it still showed the same error when I updated my collections later. I have tried restarting calibre, restarting my computer but the problem of the plugboard still persist.

Is there a way for me to tell calibre that the plugboards are gone and it doesn't need to update that address. Do I have to reinstall this calibre? What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

EDIT TO ADD: I have a different template for 'save to devices' (as to arrange the folders in my drives) since I have multiple devices to use. I wish to know does the template for to save to the drivers cause a clash? If I have a template for save to device does that mean I can't use the plugboards?

EDIT II: I have even deleted some of the .json and .py files from calibre's settings folders, which reset calibre and it asks me to set it up again but the problem still continues.

Please help. And thank you in advance.

EDIT 3:

All right. I had to delete my ebooks on kindle and transfer it and then restart the thing twice but now it's all fixed and the titles are all correct. Am not sure why I had to do that but at least everything's correct.

Last edited by madame_newbie; 06-30-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: New development.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote