View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #1251
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Depends on the sequence of events. A single factory reset can be recovered (with a couple of reboots, topped by a hotfix refresh just to be safe). A factory reset back to back to an official update will kill it.

Also, check the S/N to stop guessing the exact model. There never was a 300dpi PW2 .
OK, so this confirms my suspicions, thanks! I read a couple of news articles about that and they all said that Amazon was selling the PW2 with 300 dpi. So they probably mixed up models...
EDIT: but the model number on the device is DP75SDI ... are you sure there never was such a version?

And for the jailbreak, I must have done 3 factory resets after that and it was still jailbroken (and it is still now). Also, I rebooted two or three times after each factory reset to see if nothing was missing or was broken. But KUAL, kterm, USBNetwork and KOReader installed just fine and I have root access to the Kindle. So maybe it is specific to the jailbreak involved?
Also, what does a "reset" does? Does it just remove the files in /var/local + /mnt/us and it ends there?
EDIT: is there a way to prevent the Kindle from updating away from 5.6.5 other than airplane mode? I don't need the lab126 services to be running, I'd just want to get an Alpine chroot running on this thing...
anyways thanks for the reply, and I hope that soon I'll have a better understanding of how the device works now that I've got one, as I do with the Kobos

Last edited by NiMa; 02-12-2021 at 05:11 PM.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote