View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #30
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Few years back I was returning from a long road trip with my wife. We waited for our dinner quite long. The waiter on our table was not a prompt one and rather rude in nature I felt. As we were bit dissatisfied with the service, I didn't pay any tip to him.

Driving another 20 kms, I asked my wife to give a call to our kids and tell them our tentative arrival schedule. She started fiddling her purse but could not find her Samsung Galaxy Tab. She knew now that her phone is left at the highway restaurant where we went for the first time, We tried few calls from my number, but all vain. Now there was no other option but to go back there and take a last chance. We returned, worried off course, it was a busy time, lots of customers, rude waiter, lag of 40 minutes - all points negative. Damn sure hopeless case!

In the restaurant lobby we met it's Manager who was a cheerful girl. "Welcome sir, I hope you have come to search your lost phone!" "indeed" I said, "I had given few rings on the phone?" She politely said "We never disturb your privacy!" She lifted two phones from the drawer and said "Now you give a call.."

As expected, my face was clearly seen on the darn phone. Fully satisfied this time, she handed the phone to my wife.

Since all was well now, I asked her a question " And how did you get this phone, some customer?"

"No..No.. that was given to me by your table waiter.."

My wife intervened "That thin guy with big mustaches and rude behavior?"

Manager chuckled, "Apart from his face, he is a very polite and helpful guy. It was a bad day for him, his wife slipped from steps and cracked an ankle. Besides, we were running short of staff under overload of customers. He reluctantly agreed for 2 hours overtime, and you were the last customers for him. He was little upset today, absent minded, and lost quite a few tips today."

Now it was our time to feel guilty. My wife insisted the Manager to pass on this little reward of 50 bucks to him. We also took his name and restaurant's address so we could send a 'Thank You' card to him.

Last edited by drjd; 03-02-2018 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Scotch and Mouse :). Re-edit : spellings
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote