View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 05:52 AM   #8
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Do you use an external DAC with those?
With the Shure 215s? Yes, the apple adapter for lightning to 1/8" TRS actually has a small DAC in it. Cirrus Logic CS42L42. It is a 192kz/24bit capable dac. I stream quboz on my iphone and it works nicely. Sound quality is very good streaming quboz hi res files. I wouldn't use it with real headphones, but with good earbuds like the Shure it is just fine. Quboz reviewed the lightning adapter and said it worked and sounded good with all their files put to 192/24.

On another note, the interference of the AirPod pros with my keyboard and mouse is back. It started on updating my work laptop to Monterey. I can't figure it out. I've tried disconnecting the bluetooth devices and connecting them one at a time. But when I get the keyboard, mouse and AirPods pros reconnected it comes back. The only thing that seems to correct it is a reboot of the computer, then all is fine. Go figure.

Last edited by drofgnal; 10-01-2022 at 06:00 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote