View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcgaffey View Post
I went looking - the folder exists on my SD card. I used the library folder dialog, and it spent a long time moving the books - then complained that it couldn't do it because it couldn't delete the files from the old location. However, the books are now in that com.multipie folder - and I can sync (although it disconnected a couple times), and add books from calibre on my computer - it works! I now have the books in both places, and will need to delete them from the old folder via sticking the card into my computer, but shifting the library to that folder fixed the problem.
That is good to hear.
Quote:
The folder also exists on internal memory (what my phone calls "sdcard0"), and there contains only one file; I presume it's the debug log you mention above.
Yes.
Quote:
There was some problem doing the initial sync, after the move - CC disconnected a couple times. Or at least, calibre reported that it had disconnected - CC was still showing connected and syncing. I canceled and reconnected, then had to do it again - the third time everything got synced. After that I tried adding a book to my phone, and it worked fine.

Thanks!
Do you remember if there was any more information in that error message?

My thought is that the SD card might be slower than the main memory. CC uses the network to buffer up some changes. If the SD card is sufficiently slower then calibre might time out, thinking that the device went away. The subsequent syncs would make further progress on that buffer until the buffer gets small enough to finish in the time available.

There is almost no downside in making calibre's timeout longer, so I will do that. However, it would be nice to know if I am solving the real problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote