View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
It's all this DRM stuff is driving me crazy. I've got three kindles so I would need 3 separate libraries, one for each kindle. Then everytime I made a change to the metadata in one I would have to make the same change 3 times once in each library.

Instead I want to set up my library and save the formats alone to a folder for each kindle. Then I could play with the metadata as much as I wanted and only do it once. To load a book onto my kindle I would just clik add format from within edit metadata, picking the appropriate folder of books and send the book to that kindle. Then I could delete that format and add another format for my next kindle.

If I have 3 separate libraries I know I won't be able to keep the same changes in all of them the same.

It would be nice if I could within the same book designate mobi(1), mobi(2) and mobi(3) for my 3 kindles but the program won't let me.

Right now all the formats in my library are for my DX but I'm using my K3 more for reading. I'd start downloading K3 books but I don't want to have a mixture and never be sure what format is current for each book. So for my K3 I'm downloading directly from amazon which means no edited titles, ect. And really, why would I need 3 separate copies of each cover, book description ect? I'd rather just swap the formats in and out as needed. If there is an easier way that doesn't involve keeping 3 complete copies of my entire library in syc let me know.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote