Thread: Seriousness Are you afraid of children?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's an unfortunate fact of life these days.
Once upon a time it was ok to ask a child if they were lost/why distressed; but these days I find it harder, but that's not just me, also my wife....
I came across this article that was written a few days ago. It seems that a lot of people have similar thoughts these days. I'm the same way, I can barely even bring myself to smile at a kid these days, for fear their parents will think I'm some kind of creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Or children need to touch and embrace. Not actively forced from the adult’s side, but they will come themselves to cuddle and snuggle.
My mom works in Special Education, and they've been given very strict rules about how and when they are allowed to touch the students. They aren't allowed to hug, or pat them on the back or put an arm around their shoulders. Which is really strange considering some of these kids are completely immobile and need diaper changes and such. You would think if a simple pat on the back was too risky, actually needing to undress the kids should require signed approval by the President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I have a friend of mine who was accused of flashing after 2 girls caught him taking a leak, in what he thought, was a private spot.
That is just crazy. That is the sort of thing I'm terrified about; false accusations or being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember once I was parked in my car eating a slice of pizza, when a swarm of cop cars surrounded me. Turns out they were looking for a bank robber that matched my exact description (black hair, hat, goatee). Even though they only talked to me for a few minutes, it was a chilling reminder that INNOCENT people get accused of things all the time, and the burden would have pretty much been on me to prove I wasn't guilty.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote