View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #12
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Occasionally, I will find the overt racism and antisemitism jarring, but for the most part, I just think that's how they thought back then. For some reason, I tend to find it more jarring in a movie than a book.
For some reason, any kind of 'ism, foul language, violence, ... in a movie is much more jarring to me. I think I have a little more of a disconnect when I read vs when I see/hear.

Last edited by John F; 01-17-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: expanded conditions
John F is offline   Reply With Quote