View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
As some have mentioned, the front light not only facilitates reading in a variety of settings and situations, but it also removes the 'grayish/greenish' tint that e-ink is infamous for.

Personally, this never really bothered me - I've been an e-ink adopter since the Sony PRS 500 and have seen the screens get progressively faster and less dark.

Now, with a front-lit technology in place, these earlier screens that I found more than readable are now almost unreadable.

I could never go back, although I still have a Pocketbook 360 that sits in a closet unloved and alone.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote