View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 01:07 AM   #7
Whitieiii
Whitieiii began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
I'm not aware of any e-ink device with that kind of battery life (30 hours). Most are closer to 16-20 hours tops.

Best bet in that situation is to get a power brick that can recharge the device a couple of times before needing to be recharged itself. I see them everywhere for under $20. Alternatively, if you are camping within reach of your car, just get a 12V USB adapter and use your car's battery to recharge.

-Jim
ya I didn't think that be doable... I just want a device that has 5 feet waterproof and last like 2 days if using for 4 hours a day... I can get a battery bank and charge it with that is no problem I just thought that eink devices were less power hungry... full android would be nice to have since I would like the option of nook and kindle on one device but if nothing i'll have to give something up... I think a 7 or 8 inch device would be perfect

i'll give up waterproof (ip68) for splash proof (ip56/ip57) if it means I can get full android... want some water an dust protection for camping if it accidentally gets wet but can sacrifice not bringing it to the pool

Last edited by Whitieiii; 08-24-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Whitieiii is offline   Reply With Quote