JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Do not use the "reset" function!
Version 5.8.10 can not be jail broken.

When you say you are using Librarian Sync - how are you using it?
Making a list of collections manually?
Using the directory structure under /documents to define the collections to Librarian Sync?
Using the interface with Calibre to build the input file for Librarian Sync?
Some mixture of the various ways to use Librarian Sync?
Other?

When you say you sometimes add books to a collection "manually" -
Are you doing it on the Kindle?
Are you doing it on your Amazon account's "Manage Devices and Content" page?
Both?
Neither?
??

The newest (5.8.xx) firmware tries to keep the collection information on the Kindle in-sync with the collection information on your Amazon account.
Which requires a network connection.
Do you have a network connection when you experience the problem(s)?

Have you re-installed Python (and anything else that you had added) after updating the firmware?
Only the jail break survives the Amazon firmware update, anything else has to be re-installed.
The easy rule to cover any and all of our add-ins: "If it seems broke, re-install it."

Have you tried using the search bar command:
;dm
(the semi-colon is part of the command)
to dump and read the system log file(s) to see what they have to say about the apparent hangs?

If not, do so immediately after one of the times you have to restart the system.
"Immediately after" to make it easier for someone to find the 'hang' in the log files ("Immediately after" will make the information be near the tail end of the log).

If the log file is a mystery to you - put it in a zip file and attach it to your next post.

Thanks for the tip about the 'reset' button. I have not pressed that yet.
I am including a screenshot of where I am having the problem. With the Kual/Librarian Sync: I was using the interface with Calibre. I use Calibre to transfer all my books, then use the Kindle Collections plugin on Calibre to sync the collections. I then use the "import collections from Calibre" on Librarian Sync on the Kindle to complete the process. Most of the time, this adds all my books to their respective collections.

I started having problems a few days ago (before I updated the firmware) with adding books manually on the Kindle to their respective collections. These were the books that the Librarian Sync did not add. The Kindle hangs up on the screen where you can add an individual book to each collection. The "done" button is at the bottom of the screen; and when I click it; the Kindle does not go back to the home screen.

The screenshot is attached. I have also attached the zip file for the files after I ran ;dm.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Problem 2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	159054  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Problem.zip (317.4 KB, 230 views)
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote