View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle Voyage stuck trying to add to collections

Hi,

I'm looking for some technical help with my Kindle Voyage (firmare 5.8.10); and I did have this jailbroken before the update.

I just recently added a bunch of books and I usually use the LibrarianSync (with KUAL) on the Kindle with Calibre to put books into collections. Well, sometimes it works and sometimes I have to add the books manually to collections.

The problem I am having is when I try to add books to collections manually. The Voyage will not go back to the home screen after checking the box to add the book to the collection. The Kindle appears stuck after pressing the 'done' button. I can get to the settings screen to restart it.

The only way to 'un-stick' the Kindle is to restart the device. I can read books just fine, but the Kindle will 'hang' itself when I try to add books to collections. I even updated the firmware today (Sept. 12); and that didn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions? Or do I need to do a factory reset? I really don't want to do this because I don't want to start over from scratch. I had a really hard time jailbreaking it in the first place.
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote