View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #24
Digital_Restrict
Digital_Restrict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Android, Win7x64
Post debug log take two

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Woops. I forgot the plugin has an option to turn debug output on. Could you turn that on and repeat? The output will be a lot longer.
No worries. I thought the log did not seem very informative when I reviewed it before posting! Here it is:

Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.42 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
DEBUG:    0.0  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.0 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes() 
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources() 
DEBUG:    0.0 CompileUI:compile_ui() 
DEBUG:    0.0   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\cc_wizard.ui
DEBUG:    0.1   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\new_destination.ui
Started up in 17.71 seconds with 62 books
DEBUG:   18.2 AnnotationsAction:on_device_connection_changed(Amazon Kindle) 
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG:   18.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:   18.3 USBMS: dirs are: F:\ documents
DEBUG:   18.4 USBMS: scan from root False F:\documents
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG:   18.6 USBMS: count found in cache: 22, count of files in metadata: 22, need_sync: True
DEBUG:   18.6 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 22
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0110001564026
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:   20.1 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
DEBUG:   21.9 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(updating library index) 
DEBUG:   22.0 AnnotationsAction:library_index_complete() 
DEBUG:   27.3 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   27.3  Kindle:get_installed_books()
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
DEBUG:   28.3  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:   28.5 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   30.2 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   35.8 AnnotationsAction:shutting_down()
I would also like to add some context, if that might help (skip to last paragraph for tl;dr). I really want to sever all ties with proprietary ecosystem/apps, manage my own library, set up my own cloud etc. I had been thinking about it for a while and now I'm going for it. I still want to buy ebooks, but I am leaning very much towards the idea of using my books in any way I see fit, once purchased and downloaded.

I am doing an M.Sc and using tons of ebooks as sources. I was fine with Kindle until I started finding some books I needed only from alternative sources. Amazon does not extend WhisperSync services to personal documents or side-loaded books. I am searching for the best way - for me - to sync reading progress and annotations and notes etc. across my devices, using free and/or open-source apps and software as much as possible. I am researching all options now so it's not done yet. By the way, any advice would be welcomed! I use Windows 7, Linux, Android and a Kindle 3. Cross-platform software is preferred, and future devices will be chosen with Calibre integration and hacking community as top criteria.

How is all this relevant to the topic here? As long as I could get my highlights/notes, I'd be happy. I will probably be wiping my Kindle anyways and flash it with a third-party firmware (Duokan, Aldiko...) so I won't need to sync "my clippings" though Amazon anymore, I just want to transfer them into my library (my multiple-backup library) once and for all.

In other words, any solution would do, provided it creates annotations in Calibre that I can consult and edit and add to using the software/apps I will now be using to work with ebooks. I'm looking at FBreader, Coolreader, Evince, Okular.... Moon+... I'm in the process of finding out and testing the highlights/notes editing and syncing they might offer, and their integration with Calibre.

So the solution to my problem may well be this plugin, if we can get it to work thanks to your help davidfor (or the help of other honoured members of this forum who happen to be reading this thread). But in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out another method, maybe less automated than a neat plugin. See attached picture and comment if you are curious or aware of a different tactic.

tl;dr: My only objective is to import my Amazon Kindle notes and highlights into Calibre so I can append them permanently to my ebooks, that I now manage with Calibre. Although it would be nice, it would not be necessary to sync the notes on the Kindle after they are imported in Calibre.

THANKS ! ! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotations plugin problem alternative.PNG
Views:	960
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	124769  
Digital_Restrict is offline   Reply With Quote