View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #16
Digital_Restrict
Digital_Restrict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Android, Win7x64
Error and device info

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, post the error and any information that you think could help.
Oh hello ! Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay so my OS and Calibre info is in the log that I will paste here. I'm trying to use version 1.4 of the plugin with my Kindle Keyboard (firmware v3.4). The Kindle is jailbroken but it's only filled with books purchased and downloaded from Amazon.

Also of note: strangely, the "my clippings.txt" file is absent from the \documents folder on the Kindle. However, all my notes and highlights appear properly and sync on my books, whether I use the Kindle, Kindle for PC or Kindle for Android app. The absence of the "my clippings.txt" from my Kindle is contrary to all the how-tos I've found about importing/converting clippings...

Here is the log entry for when I try to use the plugin

Code:
calibre, version 1.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

calibre 1.42 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 328, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 518, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 68, in get_active_annotations
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 310, in _parse_my_clippings
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt.py", line 275, in FromFileName
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
I have tried googling this specific "NoneType found" error, but the results are too technical for me. I am very proficient with computers, and when I'm not I'm proficient at google too so I usually find my way, but I know absolutely nothing about programming.

Thanks a lot ! Have a good evening =)
Digital_Restrict is offline   Reply With Quote