View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
There's a program called CopiStar that basically does exactly what Darqref describes. It can even automatically stitch together screenshots of portions of the page when you can only see part of the page at a time. It costs $29.95. But of course, it produces images, not text, so it still has to be OCRed and converted and whatnot.

Hopefully, a simpler solution will show up at some point in the near future.
I tried CopiStar and it took the screenshots and created a pdf document. I then used Adobe Pro 8 to OCR the document, then exported it to various document types including Word, RTF, and TXT. However, I cannot get an editable document to convert to an ebook.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote