View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think that Stratemeyer Syndicate employed several writes who Ghost Wrote the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books. I can't say if they were on salary though or paid per project.

BOb
My guess is that they were paid by the project. Most ghost writers are. It would be highly unusual for a publisher to actually employ a writer and to pay that writer a salary. Especially since a salary would be paid to the employee regardless of whether or not they actually produced any content.

I know I'm messing with semantics (again) ... but there you have it. A reporter, a script writer, a technical writer ... it is common for them to be salaried employees, but then, they are expected to churn out a certain amount of content -- often without much regard to the quality (unfortunately).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote