View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #7
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
I completely agree. All I want is my ebookwise with exactly the same software and functions, but with an e-ink screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks Nate ! karma for you...

i like their reader ; but the question for me isn't really "can we put the reader on a different (existing) device" but rather "can we make a better e-ink device than the 6 gazillion NUUT Starebook, Cybook etc clones ?" i would love to have a reader with the same basic design as the eb 1150 (you know, with those giant buttons on the side), but an e-ink screen. and a few other refinements as well, of course, but let's keep this simple. that's what i'm hoping for from ETI (Garth knows, i sent him an email with a detailed desscription of my dream device i even posted it here, if you're curious). that's why i was disappointed to see yet another NUUT shell with the ETI software inside it. i'm hoping that, like the photo on their website, that is only a prototype and they are working first on the software, or something, and are just using a NUUT they had lying around for convenience's sake. but when the time comes to produce them they will go back to their own design.

thanks very much for the info in any case ; i'm really hoping they will come up with my dream e-ink device soon... i'm trying to resist the temptation of the Astaks and the Gen3 but it's not always easy !!
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote