View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #300
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
I had to laugh here, inappropriate laughter of course.

I want to apologize to SensualPoet about my note on the Kobo (yes, I'm the Renegade Staffer, up until recently I've been writing all the Facebook content).
Thanks for the note. No hard feelings. I tried to buy an Astak unit last Spring but it wasn't being sold in Canada at the time. Then Kobo came out and, when Astak finally showed up, the stores wanted $289 for it ... when the Kobo was $149 and even the 3G international wireless Kindle 2 was still $259. Then the whole business over the summer and this cone of silence.

Good luck (and I mean that sincerely) when you folks actually restart your business. It's a competitive market, and there is room for additional players but you'll have to be better than the established players and/or offer a trade off worth paying more for. And that applies to both your plans for hardware and ebook distribution. There is room for 2 or 3 players; being number 4 ... not so much. It will take capital, vision and execution to get there. Again, good luck to you.

SP
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote