View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #299
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
I promise that if any of the Astak bosses could clear everything up today and put our new 6" devices on the market, we'd be back in business in 5 minutes.
GAAAH. I don't want one of the new 6" devices; I want one of the old 5" devices. Preferably in maroon or blue; not in pink. Black would be okay; don't want white. (Is it, "can't put them on the market" or "can't sell them on the website?" Because I could come to the office in person.) It looks like those might be discontinued entirely.

Quote:
I could really be apologizing all day about this, but you all know how much this has been hurting our company, and can understand how many customers we are losing before the holidays.
I know, and am sympathetic. And really, really hope things start working, because I *want* to encourage people to buy EZReaders. I several friends who regularly ask advice about ebook readers, and most of them don't care about store abilities; they want to read fanfiction & other user-created documents.

Quote:
I did not mean to write and "outright lie" when I said EZ Read supports DRM, of course, I was just assuming people knew about proprietary format issues.
EZRead supports ADE DRM, not Mobipocket DRM or the specialized forms that Amazon & B&N use for their ebooks. And it doesn't support eReader DRM (nor eReader .pdb instead of palmDOC .pdb), nor, of course, whatever's used by the ebookwise (I don't think EZReader does .imp or .rb files). No idea if .fb2 has a DRM version.

Gotta be *very* careful about saying "we support all DRM," because the *first* thing most people think that means is "I can use my Kindle or Nook ebooks on this device if I switch." Or the more blurry, "I'll be able to buy from any ebook store with this device."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote