View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #287
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
This has been true for quite a while. Many of us suffer from "the grass over there is greener" myopia. For a variety of reasons, North American pricing of electronics and computers are more-or-less on parity with the source and often cheaper than many places. It has to do with volume, vendor relationships and politics. Plus, North Americans, as you note later, demand follow-on service and support. The small amount that adds to the initial cost is definitely worth it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
There is also a great price variance depending on who they think they are selling to. When I would try and buy something, I was always given a high price, often higher then what I can get it for at home. When I was with a local, they would give a bit of a lower price, but still not a great price , even when I was just standing with the local while they negotiated. When they went in without me they got a much better price. Midtrip we learned the real way to get the best prices. When they claimed to be my tour guide and that they wanted to find new stores to lead the suckers to, they could get significant kickback commision of the price and I got to see and handle the stuff to actually shop for it as well.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote