View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers_McGraw View Post
EDIT: I forgot to add - the device is unregistered. I would prefer not to register it, I'm not going to buy anything from Amazon on it.
When you connected to WiFi, Amazon noticed that your Kindle wasn't registered according to their records, and informed your Kindle of the fact. I assume you were using the reginfo hack to trick the Kindle into thinking it was registered?

So your Kindle presumably changed status from "registered" to "unregistered", which triggered the wiping of the developer keys.
(Amazon doesn't want authorized developers to give someone else their test devices and then have that device still be able to install test Kindlets...)

The BBB firewall should save you from that, since it prevents the Kindle from connecting to Amazon and syncing with their registration server.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote