View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
The Kindle menu doesn't have a "start reading" option, but just " go to toc" and "start at beginning." When I opened your new edition of Bleak House it opened at Chapter 1, which confused me. I had to backtrack to the book title, author's picture (which was what I was looking for to see how that had turned out), and toc. I'm guessing now it was responding to your second tag.
That's interesting, and does appear to be something that's specific to the Kindle. When you open a book for the first time on the Gen3, it displays the cover image and then starts from the beginning of the book; it's only by selecting the "Start Reading" menu item that you get taken to the Preface, which is the point defined to be the start of the "text proper" in that particular book.

I've followed the "documented procedure" for creating Guide items, so forgive me if I carry on creating books this way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote