View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD & iPad Air 2
Isidore - eInk Typeface

Note: You might remember this topic from the days of yore (or the last year). I just learned from the Improved Charis SIL topic that I can't use Gentium eInk name for this. So, a new topic and a new name. Isidore comes from Isidore of Seville, who did some very important work on Jus Gentium.

Gentium is an awesome typeface released under SIL Open Font License. But it has some problems with e-readers. Line spacing is too big, font has too little weight, only Plus version has kerning but it doesn't have bold and bold italic fonts.

So, I fixed all those problems. I lowered line spacing, added some weight, copied bold and bold italic fonts from the Basic version and added kerning pairs to them. Bold and bold italic also needed their line spacing fixed for compatibility.

I tested the type extensively for months, works very well.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	1330
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	148182  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Isidore.zip (2.03 MB, 793 views)

Last edited by GERGE; 07-26-2016 at 12:12 PM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote