Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #49
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Do you think so? I think the modal nature of vi/vim is what confuses most new users.
It could be just me. Like you I started on vi, but to be honest I started it before it was vi when it was ex and it started you without the full screen and you started with the colon prompt. So it was sort of a super-duper ed. At the colon prompt you type vi to go into full screen mode. The next version was vi.

Then a few years later I started learning emacs and for me it was a real mind warp to always be in insert mode. But I can see what you're saying considering that on Windows you're always in insert mode in Word, Notepad, etc.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote