Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #48
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I've used FocusWriter for years. Even made a few custom themes for myself.

(...)

I replaced keyany.wav with the sound effect of an explosion.
You've made your bed now lie in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
But most of the added value it provides is useful for my job, software development. I have tried to use it for regular writing (short stories, letters, journalling) and prefer something like Focuswriter.
This. Vim, nano or kakoune are great text editors for plain text (including markdown) but don't replace Focuswriter, Libreoffice or any other WYSIWYG text processor.

Wordgrinder looks cool BTW, but life is too short to learn another set of shortcuts and I'm already make myself a nice set of custom ones for focuswriter. The whole program is very nice to use. And -for devs or hobbists- its source code very nice to read. One of the best qt apps I saw on the wild for sure
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote