View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #79
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I never read them for their sci/fi. The first Baen books I read were Mercedes Lackey. Back then I didn't pay any attention to the publisher. It was years before I looked at Baen to see what else they had that I might like--and it was after reading Holly Lisle who wrote some great and entertaining fantasy and what would be called urban fantasy today. It probably wasn't until I started submitting books to publishers that I even REALIZED they were known for sci/fi first and fantasy second.

There are a lot of readers out there who pay no mind at all to who the publisher is, what they may or may not specialize in and so on. There's nothing wrong with paying attention or not paying attention to such details either.
I only became aware of Baen through their ebook business.

Until then, they were just another publisher; a logo on a few books that caught my eye. After I downloaded their Free Library to my mother's RocketReader she started recommending stuff to me (163x, the Belisarius saga, etc) so I dug around, found the first few free CDs, found the webscriptions and worked my way back to the first. Been buying them mostly without fail.

Which is why I know they aren't only (or even primarily) about MSF: I own 657 of their books and I know what I have.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote