View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I just did a quick online search for a online test and found http://www.readingsoft.com/
I've never timed my reading speed (nor, to my knowledge, had it timed!) but I've always been a fast reader. I tried the little quick read test at this site, and if it is to be believed. I got 10/11 of the questions correct after reading and it says "You read at 761 words per minute. ", so not too bad I guess.
OTOH, I'm doing it while working, so eh ;p maybe it could be 1000!!!
I guess it's possible... I've always thought my books didn't last long enough ;p

I tend to think as long as you are enjoying what you are reading you're fine... speed tests/speed reading etc just gets you to the end faster, possibly while missing some of the "good stuff". If it's important enough to read, it's important enough to read well, no?