View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #94
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
LOL! OK, now I know who they are! I never watched Flying Circus, but I loved their movies (Life of Brian, Holy Grail, etc.)....didn't recognize them in that photo. As for my age, let's just say that when "And Now For Something Completely Different" was released, I wasn't born yet.
Ah! As for me, when The Holy Grail came out, it played as a double feature (yes, Virginia, theaters used to give you two movies for one price) with Mel Brooks' The Twelve Chairs (not a classic, but still very funny) and my buddies and I, who were all college age at the time, went to see it at least a dozen times. Even after all those viewings, all I had to do was look at Patsy, Arthur's coconut clapping squire, and it would crack me up.

And now for some Shameless Promotion. Here is the beginning of a review from Amazon UK, Yes, even in the home of Monty Python, they love Boomerang:

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed like a drain..., 18 Jun 2009
By Simon Million - See all my reviews
I laughed like a drain reading Boomerang. This is a superb globe-trotting jet-setting farce that had me turning pages and staying up far too late, skipping work and finding hiding places in which I could read undisturbed.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote