View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #44
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedUser19 View Post

I am specifically interested in the Kindle Oasis 3. I don't really need Internet access, but the dictionaries for translation etc. Could i just buy a KOA3, set it up with a fake account (do i need to enter Credit Card Details or can i at least use a gift card for account creation) and then go into Airplane Mode?
Gift card worked for one of my Kindles. Real email address created especially for that Amazon account. Just make sure Gift card is purchased on Amazon US marketplace, assuming that's the default Amazon uses for a new account (it was for me and I was in Europe when I did this experiment).

I have 2 kinds of Kindle, newest is a PW3. I've used 5 other models inc a PW4. I've got 3 models of Kobo and think overall it's better and more private. I read books bought on my "fake" USA Amazon account by Gift voucher and my European account on PW3 on my Kobo Libra by using Calibre and plugins. Always "Download via PC/USB" and pick a real kindle as target.
Make backups.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-15-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote