Thread: KINDLE OASIS2
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 12:47 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

It feels like that I am gaming the system by only paying roughly $7 a month and the amounts of books being borrowed each month between my own reading and my wife's. But there is never buyer's remorse, since nothing needs to be bought, it is already prepaid. The fact that the catalogue is constantly expanding shows me that the system is self-sustaining. So I stopped feeling guilty.
Why feel guilty?
All three parties to the deal are consenting adults!

By now the system has been running long enough to stabilize and, odd scammer aside, the balance of value seems to satisfy all the involved parties. Readers find new voices, willing authors get paid to publicize their wares and often find fans, and Amazon gets a *major* competitive advantage and (probably) a fair bit of change. It's not AWS money but if they're dishing out at a rate of $300M per year after four years they must be happy. I suspect 1.5M exclusives ought to be bringing in a few bucks along the way.

So don't worry, be happy!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote