View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #3
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Hitch...I certainly agree with what you say, though the response has been somewhat silent otherwise. I'll try and get this plugin done anyway for those few that want it.

I'll also be upfront about this and say that I don't have an eInk to test it on. This plugin is already up and running but as I have found when testing it on the old Kindle Prevewer app and even the new Kindle Previewer 3 app -- they both have Ink displays that display KF8 images. I used the normal media queries to do this so I was somewhat p*ssed off when I saw this because this means thatI'm working blind and have no idea whether it works in real life on a KF7 device.

Here's what the plugin does. This epub-only plugin will first ask you via a dialog which stylesheet you would like to contain the two media queries. After you press OK the plugin will then parse all the internal epub files and all the ebook image lines in your ebook will then be duplicated with appropriate KF8 or KF7 image entries in the normal way using the appropriate media query which will contain either 'mobionly' or 'kf8only' classes. The media queries regulate which image line is displayed by appropriately implementing 'display: none' and 'display: inline' in the relevant classes within the media query. Anyway, just have a look inside your test epub in the relevant CSS after you run this new plugin. That will tell all. And if I've done it wrong -- please let me know and I'll change it for you.

All input image values should initially be in pixels(ie styled for KF7). The net result of running this plugin will be that all KF8 ebook images height and width values will be converted to % values. Whereas all KF7 ebook images will be displayed normally as height and width in pixels only(like the original input img tag line).

If I do create this plugin would it be OK for you to quickly test it on one of your KF7 devices and let me know if its OK or has problems? It irks me greatly that I am unable to test this new plugin but there you go.

It'll be a short while before I release this plugin. When I release it I will send you a private email on MR to let you know. Currently, I must add the dialog and finish off all the testing....yeah, I know -- please don't laugh

Last edited by slowsmile; 08-06-2017 at 01:19 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote