View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Oh, thanks so much for the first-hand experience, that's what I was hoping for. And yes, I assume that it's still got some rough edges, that's to be expected. But it really seems to work pretty well from what I've read.

Do you use Hashcode's version or the Tablet UI version?

My special pet peeve with the Fire is the way it tends to lock up when using Netflix. I'm guessing that's a Netflix problem rather than a Fire problem, but I'm hoping it runs more smoothly under jelly bean.
I use Hashcode's. It feels more like the Nexus 7 and you really start to appreciate the phone UI after using it for awhile.

The stock ROM has issues that the unofficial ones don't have. That's because everything from the audio to the touchscreen drivers were rewritten. Amazon didn't implement them very well. A lot of the OEMs like Samsung and LG don't implement them correctly either. That's why we're up to 2.5 million installs of CyanogenMod on Android devices now.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote