View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
The Pocketbook stock software is better and more customizable than Kobo's stock software (when using ePub). Calibre integration is flawless (I use the InkPad 3, but I understand the software is largely identical), and the Pocketbook reader lets you sort and view your library by authors, titles, collections, series, tags, shelves, etc without any special manual configuration. It's very flexible right out of the box. On my Kobo Glo, I never copied my entire Calibre library to the reader, but with the Pocketbook it's fast and there's a competent search function available.

The InkPad 3 doesn't have the battery life issue anymore, but I read somewhere (a German e-reader blog, I believe) that the models prior to the InkPad 3 didn't sleep as "deeply". They do boot up pretty quickly, though, so turning them off when you go to bed is also feasible.

I ordered my reader from Pocketbook's German site, paid with PayPal, and received it the very next morning, so they definitely ship very fast.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote