View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #58
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
That author of Learning Python provides his perspective on that topic.

Quote:
Despite capping a three-year sales peak, this year also saw some uncertainty over future editions. My publisher passed on updating a classic Python book over a trivial contract issue, and demoted both open source and books in general at their web site. Once known for meaty technical books, this publisher seems to be morphing into a company focused on videos, webcasts, and conferences; with a business model based on pandering to a naive audience instead of educating it; and a web presence that has become a platform for promoting illegitimate content and personalities. This is not the publisher I signed up with.
http://learning-python.com/python-ac...2015-publisher

I can only concur. I hope I will find a new publisher who takes their technology hardcore readers serious. No more "learning videos" and Twitter learning.

Last edited by joblack; 08-16-2017 at 04:44 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote