Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
That be as it may if a blind poll is to be the new norm that is fine. Despite a late scare none of the books that made it through to the polling is in the absolutely no interest (and isn't even a classic) status for me. At least in the US almost all elections are between two candidates so the analogy is not quite there.
Speak for yourself. In Canada, you could have a lot of choices. In my Ottawa riding back in 2000, these were my choices on the election ballot:
  • Liberal Mac Harb 22,710
  • New Democrat Heather-Jane Robertson 13,516
  • Canadian Alliance David Brown 10,167
  • Progressive Conservative Beverly Mitchell 7,505
  • Green Chris Bradshaw 1,531
  • Marijuana Brad Powers 813
  • Canadian Action Carla Marie Dancey 210
  • Communist Marvin Glass 139
  • Natural Law Neil Paterson 111
  • Marxist–Leninist Mistahi Corkill 66
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote