View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #15510
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you read the Shannara series in chronological order, you will be pleasantly surprised. The Word & Void series actually comes first. I was surprised when I found out. I'm reading the 2nd book now and I like the series. Then I'll move on to the next in order. It's not all like LoTR. Just some of it is similar.
I prefer the publish order, because I don't want to miss the subtle references usually seen in later books in series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Once he'd got his LOTR clone (aka "The Sword of Shannara") out of his system, he became a much better writer. The other books are worth reading, to my mind.
Alright. I'll continue skimming Shannara to see if anything interesting comes up.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote