View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 01:11 AM   #185
SlantedChanter
SlantedChanter began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Did you try the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit? I didn't use the supplied bat-file as I don't have a Windows machine, but I've used the adb commands from that script on my Mac and it got the original BangGood-supplied firmware to properly work with Play Market. I might have also installed Market Helper, on top of the 4 Google*.apk and Phonesky.apk.
Yes, used the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit on my Mac using bootcamp. I couldn't get the t63 to be recognized with the "adb devices" command, by the toolkit, or by the RKbatchtool. I could enter a recovery mode on the T63 by holding down power and page right for 10 seconds. This gives a screen with a single icon (I think an exclamation point in a triangle). Then "ADB devices" recognized the device, but no other commands worked.

I could never get the RKBatchtool to recognize the t63 so I used "RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows - AndroidTool v2.1" instead. It recognized the t63 on any firmware that had debugging/adb access so I used that to flash different firmware images.

Quote:
Can you confirm the exact version of the Chinese firmware which still allows adb to be enabled? On the later versions with debugging disabled -- did you try the 7-tap trick to bring the developer menu up?
Sorry, I lost track - It was one of the earliest 2016 versions, probably from April.

There is also a modified image of the September software that is rooted and has debugging enabled automatically. There's a link to the baidu page at the bottom of this page (along with a link to the latest modified Onyx image).

The normal android 7-tap method never worked. On the earliest Chinese firmware you can enable debugging by going to the SD storage page in settings and tapping the "total storage" number of the internal SD card repeatedly. That will eventually bring up a small black text box informing you that debugging is enabled (I assume, it was in Chinese and only appears for 1 second). Then ADB commands work and the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit works--except the play store install, I did that manually using the files included in the toolkit. I never found a way to enable any other developer menu.

Quote:
Did you ask BangGood for it?
I didn't buy my t63 from BangGood. Maybe it would be better for a customer to ask them for this?

Last edited by SlantedChanter; 04-16-2017 at 01:17 AM.
SlantedChanter is offline   Reply With Quote