Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 AM   #183
SlantedChanter
SlantedChanter began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Onyx on t63/JDREAD + help with english firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks for this.

In spite of a couple of minor glitches, I'm pleased with the Boyue ROM on my T63. Out of curiosity, is there a Gonyx ROM available for the T63? I had one on my T62+ that worked well. Since I have TWRP on my T63, I can experiment but easily go back to the Boyue ROM if something doesn't work right.
This page has some baidu links for Onyx software modified for the T63. I tried 1.8 and 1.75, which both worked fine but do not include the play store. After a lot of fiddling using the various tips on the forum I still could not get the play store to fully work. I could log in with google services and search the store but nothing would download.

What would be VERY helpful is an img/zip of the english firmware that banggood loads. I couldn't find it anywhere. Also, most of the chinese versions of the official hardware seem to have debugging disabled so can't be used with adb easily. I had to find an early zip of the Chinese firmware to finally be able to use adb commands.

Note: the firmware that allows debugging may not automatically have debugging activated. I had to go to the SD card page of the settings menu and tap the "total capacity" number until debugging was turned on.

Last edited by SlantedChanter; 04-16-2017 at 05:17 AM.
SlantedChanter is offline   Reply With Quote