View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Patuba
Patuba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Software recommendations for making Kindle book

Hi everyone. I am going to be making a eBook of a text book a friend wrote. I worked on it for about 10 hours this weekend and didn't get very far. Unfortunately, he has the book in PDF format which doesn't convert to Kindle very well. I have found a way to extract the Text from the PDFs but haven't found a good way of formatting the book for the Kindle.

I tired MS Word but I know it generates junky HTML code so I didn't waste much time on that. I've downloaded Jutoh, Sigil but have found it doesn't work very well for the book I'm trying to make. I find the biggest problem is formatting for the Kindle, page breaks don't work very well, sentences are on different pages when viewing in Kindle for PC then they are in the WYSIWIG editor.

I have read the Wiki on this site, and although it has helped some I am still really frustrated with trying to make a Kindle book. Can anyone recommend a good software package/WYSIWIG program that I can format this book in? If not, can you provide either a good web-site or thread that has more information on this?

I'm surprised how hard formatting a book for Kindle can be and how little Amazon has for support/reference material.

Thanks.
Patuba is offline   Reply With Quote