Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:36 AM   #206
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by untilyouarrived View Post
No external storage by USB? (I imagine that will annoy many people if true)
The Google translation of that part of the article reads:

Quote:
By the way, the USB-C terminal on the main unit is only for charging and power supply, and does not support external storage.
I strongly doubt that. There was a leaked draft of the Scribe User Guide and that described the same USB drive mode that other Kindles use. And Amazon has already posted a firmware update file for the Scribe. It would be pretty useless without some way to load it, although I suppose the built in web browser might be able to do it.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote