View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #175
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
My boyue bricked itself while I was walking (it really doesn't like the cold weather, does it), so I was forced to update.

Overall, the new firmware (T62D from November) is an improvement in many respects. They fixed the issue of the side-loaded apps that supposed to be in a full screen mode displaying the black bar at the bottom, which is a great plus. Some of the options, such as wifi timeout, are also a great addition, although I haven't tested it yet. There is also an option to set a password to open up, it wasn't there before.

Battery life I haven't had a chance to test out properly yet, but it does make me cautious, because it tells me that on 80% of charge it can keep running for only 13 hours (before it could last me 40 hours on that) which is really not something I'd enjoy, but perhaps it is just the first charge after the system install, and it will be better afterwards.

Few things bug me a lot, though. First, Xposeed Framework cannot be installed, it results in the boot loop error (if there are workarounds, I would appreciate hearing them), so here is to reinstalling everything again *sigh*.

Scrolling through a large page becomes annoying, definitely less responsive than it was before.
And also, it's a stupid issue, but it is a bit ridiculous - in Nova Launcher, I cannot change the background. No matter what I do, it always stays as black.

Last edited by iatheia; 01-27-2017 at 04:35 PM.
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote