View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #14271
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
It's been a bit of a slow month for me. I've only read two books so far. Lyonesse by Jack Vance, which I think I mentioned before (I mostly liked it), and Forever Peace by Joe Haldeman. I was quite disappointed with the latter, given that it won most of the major SF awards on publication. It started out quite promising, but faded into a conspiracy thriller. It also did a weird thing with alternating first- and third-person for no good reason. I didn't see much relation to The Forever War, either, except for the word Forever in the title.
I did not like Forever Peace either and was very surprised when it won a lot of prices. One relatively recent book by Haldeman that I liked a lot is Camouflage.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote