Thread: MobileRead Book Club Selections List
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook2 View Post
Does subscribing to this thread update me to your newly selected titles for future months?
Not yet? Subscribing to a thread doesn't get you notified when the original post is edited. I could, however, post a reply when I update, which would let people know there's a new book listed. (That's a good idea, actually; I think I'll do that. Probably not for the voting thread, but once the discussion's actually started, I can add a comment so people who've subscribed to this list know when something new is up.)

Quote:
I'll keep an eye on the selected books and if one catches my eye I'll join in that month. How do we start our own book clubs here?
You make a post that says "New Book Club: [topic]," and if people think it's interesting, they reply and start talking about those books. The only "officialness" to the MR "official" book club is that the mods move the threads to the sticky part of the forum during the month when they're happening, and they'd be happy to do that with pretty much any relevant thread.

They're not going to sticky everything, but another active book club shouldn't be a problem. If we get three dozen active book clubs? They'll make a new forum for book clubs.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote