View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Not either. But it looks like some of the publishers have figured out that higher eBook prices have led to more borrowing and less buying. Maybe that collusion deal with Apple wasn't such a good idea after all.
I think the publishers got exactly what they wanted from their deal with Apple. My guess is they're not even that unhappy with the results of the court decision. They're now back to agency pricing.

I think their goal wasn't high prices for ebooks but to make ebooks less attractive than print books, which are more profitable.

If that's true then this latest move is right in line. When a book comes out people who want it right away will be more likely to buy the print version.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote