View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I don't use DropBox. I use NextCloud, which I host myself on my own server. Not for the faint-hearted, you do have to know something about computer, database, webserver, and complex application administration. You can simplify things a bit by running NextCloud from a Docker container. But then, uhm, you have to know about Docker administration. I don't know your level of system administration experience - the NextCloud solution may or may not be for you.
If you don't know anything about system administration, the only secure way to setup NextCloud, is on an internal network that your Internet Router knows nothing about.

If you know anything about network administration, you probably don't want your Internet Router to know anything about the network that NextCloud is on.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote