View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #62
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've never seen the attraction of these huge TV sets. I have a 32" set, and I wouldn't want anything larger.
Depends on the size of the room and the viewing distance.
I've spent some quality time with a 70in Sharp in a family room that is 16x22 feet. It fits the room perfectly. Anything smaller would get lost and make the room feel like a cavern, anything bigger would take over the room.
At that size movies are a joy and Kinect gaming a delight.

(The house isn't enormous, 2300 square feet, but the floorplan is optimized for the residents' lifestyle and the family room is the focus.)

Considering those Sharps can be had for US$2000 (and my first, 37in, HDTV cost me that much) I see plenty of value in the investment. Of course, I also know folks that only watch talking heads on TV and that set would be wasted on them.

As with most things, your milleage will vary.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote