View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #31
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I make an extensive use of this so nice plugin to rebuild ePubs to my taste.

I realize I have sometimes to make a preventive work on the ePub before using the plugin.

Titles
The plugin saves all the h titles and the resulting toc. However some ebooks do not use <h> titles and use <p> tags for this task. It's useful to preventively use a regex to change from <p> to <h before using the plugin if not you have to rebuild manually the toc...

Italics (and bold)
The plugin saves all the <i> (and <em> and <b> tags). However some ebooks do not use these tags but prefer using spans with an italic class. As this information would be lost in the html, it's useful to preventively use a regex to change on the ePub from italic span to <i> (and bold span to <b>).

I do not know if something can be done for these two use cases above. If not, this post may serve as an advice to HTMLgen users.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote