View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #24
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Pocketbook Touch HD and HD 2 have a 6" 300ppi screen and microSD slot to expand the storage 32GB. The only difference between HD and HD 2 is that the 2 has tinted frontlight called Smartlight.

Any non-Kindle with microSD slot (or even with no slot) will allow you to "sideload" because this is the main kind of loading for them. Kobo and Onyx and Pocketbook are the most available non-Kindle devices, in that order I guess, and they are not centred around their own cloud service the way Kindle is. They are devices that know that people can already have an existing e-library from other sources.
I have no problems sideloading books into my Kindle. It's the limited collections support that are an issue. A jailbroken Kindle with LibrarianSync would actually work great. Unfortunately, both my Kindles are running currently unjailbreakable FW (5.8.9.2 and 5.9.4).

Anyway, Amazon is running a trade-in promo on Kindles so after promo credit and trade-in gift card, my net cost is $35 + $7 sales tax. I'm hoping the new PW3 I receive is jailbreakable. If not, still undecided on Kobo or Boyue/JDRead.

The Onyx and Pocketbook, hard to find places to buy them at a good price (for delivery to US).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote