View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You said you had an Aura HD. The first three tap options have always been in the firmware. The last one was added at least a year ago.

Also, you can swipe to turn the page and a recent update added an option to turn tapping off.

I like the screen size of my Aura H2O, but, it is a bit bulky. I've found I prefer the 6" Glo HD or the 7.8" Aura ONE (which my wife is currently using).

Also, there are no rumours yet, but, my bet is that Kobo releases something new in April/May. Personally, I'm hoping for a 6", 300DPI device with the same features as the Aura ONE.

And to answer another post, "nickel" is the Kobo application on their devices that does everything. It is what you see whenever you use it.
I would consider returning to Kobo if they did a 6" with a comfort light and the navigation system improved. I set up night mode with the comfort light on a Nook GL3 and it was a sight to behold. Nicest reading experience ever. I want that now. But the IMO inadequate screen navigation of the Kobo is a show-stopper for me. I could set it up in Coolreader, but I'm not sure the night-mode would work, and anyway apart from the navigation I found the Kobo Coolreader to be inferior to nickel.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote